Issued June 2023
1. Personal information about visitors to our website is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
3. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
4. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services. Security
5. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
6. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our website products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
7. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
8. From time-to-time we may need to engage offshore resources outside of Australia where local resources are insufficient or unavailable and/or to ensure our service offering remains competitive and offers value for money to our clientele. By engaging with us, you acknowledge and agree to us engaging offshore contractors at our complete discretion to assist in the delivery of our services and therefore making your information and data available to such offshore service contractors for this purpose. We undertake a high level of due diligence in the selection of quality offshore organizations that meet high standards and have high level security protocols. In the event that you do not consent to your information and data being made available to offshore sources in order to provide our services to you, please advise us in writing and we will honour your request.
Collecting Information from Users
9. IP Addresses : Our website/web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Access to Information
11. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
12. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
13. We provide links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of organisations linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions
15. For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Information Commissioner's website; https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm Before and after hours service available by Appointment.
Milton - Brisbane
Unit 3 17-19 Mayneview St. Milton QLD 4064
P.O. Box 1157 Milton LPO Milton QLD 4064
Phone: (07) 3368 4321
Macquarie Park - Sydney
Suite 189 Ground Floor, 66 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113
Phone: 1300 859 073
Mifsud & Associates Pty Ltd is a Chartered Tax Adviser and member of The Tax Institute.
Mifsud & Associates Pty Ltd is a member of The Chartered Accountants of Australia & New Zealand
Mifsud & Associates Pty Ltd is a registered member of the Tax Practitioners Board